Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Come voice your opinion about the encroachment of the SR35 off ramp at Keowee Street

State lawmaker calls for town hall about road projects
DAYTON — In response to a flood of calls from people unhappy about all the road construction in the area, State Representative Clayton Luckie (D-Dayton) has called a town hall meeting on Monday.

"As State Representative it is my job to ensure my constituents' voices are heard by those making decisions that affect their everyday lives," said Luckie. "I have become aware of increasing concerns from residents in the area about the construction projects. I feel my role is to facilitate discussion between the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) and the citizens of Dayton. I have invited the District Director for ODOT and the Dayton City Engineer. My hope is that residents will be able to share their opinions and gain greater understanding of the proposed direction of the projects."

The meeting will be Monday at 7 p.m. at the Bomberger Teen Center, 1306 E. Fifth St.
Luckie said ODOT District 7 Director Rex Dickey and Dayton City Engineer Kerry Lawson will attend the meeting.

No comments: