Keep in mind, it would be on a very limited budget. However, this is a great opportunity to leverage City money to make the most of our fundraising efforts. Some ideas include banners, large flower planters, permanent sculptures, or even water lines for our neighborhood parks.
The corrected timeline for the grant process is as follows:
- July 11: Postcards mailed to all neighborhood groups and business associations announcing workshops.
- July 26 (Saturday, 10AM) or July 29 (Tuesday, 6:30PM): Mandatory workshop; applications will be available at this time. Interested organizations must send a representative to one of these two brief informational sessions. Location: City Hall, 6th Floor Training Room.
- August 22: Applications due by 4:30PM.
- September 5: Decisions announced.
- August 31, 2009: All projects must be completed by this date.
So let's hear it... what do you think? Post a comment below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. If you want to chat about it in detail, just stop by our events on July 19th and talk to one of the SAH Board Members.
Also, someone out there posted these great photos from the Garden Tour . . . Enjoy!