As we say farewell to departing neighbors Tom and Bobbie, we also welcome our newly-elected Board of Directors for the St. Anne's Hill Historic Society:
Greg Manger, President
Susan Gray, Vice-President
Walt Colvin, Treasurer
John Addington, Secretary
Steve Kardeen, Trustee
Sadly, we also lost two dear neighbors this past week, and our condolences go out to their families and friends.
In other news, our neighborhood Priority Board office was recognized this week for a successful historic renovation. The City is currently seeking a non-profit tenant to help fill this under-utilized space. Here is a little history from the press release:
The Dayton building, which now houses the Priority Board’s offices and community meeting space, was the original East Branch of the Dayton Public Library, dedicated in 1914 and built with funding provided by famed philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. It served as a library until 1969, then housed a community clinic and was renovated by the City of Dayton in 2000.
Finally, be sure to note the upcoming events at the Liederkranz. St. Anne's Hill is proud to support our neighbor, and we'd like to encourage everyone to enjoy their activities, such as:
That's all for now. Please feel free to post or contact us with any news you'd like to share!